This resource will help your students write the tightening tension in a narrative. Writing lessons scaffold the writing of the exposition, inciting incident, rising action (pebble, rock, boulder).
In addition, the graphic organizers, checklists, integration of technology (QR codes), and writing activities involving a short animated movie will facilitate your students to write the tightening tension with impressive style and technique.
⭐ This resource includes both US and British English spellings.
THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THE NARRATIVE WRITING BUNDLE
The unit is divided into
- Cover Sheet (if compiling pages into a booklet)
- Sheets that scaffold the writing of the exposition, inciting incident, rising action (pebble, rock, boulder) through a sample text.
- Students will respond to 40 questions on the structural components and language devices used in the mentor text.
- Students will find and highlight evidence in the sample text.
- They will document responses on the Story Map, Sensory Details, Figurative Language and Writing Techniques organizers.
- Sheets featuring 21 questions that analyze the structural components, sensory details, and figurative language used in the sample text
- Sequencing of events sheet. Cut and glue option included.
- Students will answer 21 multiple-choice and written response questions based on the sample text, ‘Water, Water – Everywhere’.
- This tightening tension activity may also be given as an assessment after completing section 1.
- Students will sequence the events in order, for an extract, to better understand how events increase in intensity and add to suspense and tension.
- Writing assignment with scenario
- Writing prompt sheets
- Story Map
- Sensory Details, Figurative Language and Writing Techniques organizers.
- Self-editing and peer-editing checklist
- Students will respond to the writing assignment and writing prompts. They will use the story map, Sensory Details, Figurative Language and Writing Techniques organizers to plan their writing.
- They will use the self-editing checklist and peer-editing checklist to check they have included all components.
- Students need to be introduced to the different types of figurative language prior to writing a tightening tension scene.
⭐ Teacher Key included for all sections.
Number of Sheets
61 US; 61 British English; 61 Teacher’s Copy
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.
There are no reviews yet.