Tightening Tension Narrative Writing Activities
Are you looking for tightening tension narrative writing activities for your students? This resource will help your students write the tightening tension in a narrative. Writing lessons scaffold the writing of the exposition, inciting incident, rising action (pebble, rock, boulder). In addition, the graphic organizers, checklists, and writing assignment will facilitate your students to write tightening tension scenes with impressive style and technique.
⭐ This resource includes both US and British English spellings.
THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THE NARRATIVE WRITING BUNDLE
- Students will respond to 40 questions on the structural components, figurative language, and writing techniques used in the mentor text.
- Students will find and highlight evidence in the sample text.
- They will document their responses on the Story Map, Sensory Details, Figurative Language, and Writing Techniques organizers.
- Cover Sheet (if compiling pages into a booklet)
- Sheets that scaffold the writing of the exposition, inciting incident, rising action (pebble, rock, boulder) through a sample text.
- Writing assignment with scenario
- Writing prompt sheets
- Story Map
- Sensory Details, Figurative Language, and Writing Techniques organizers.
- Self-editing and peer-editing checklist
- Teacher Key
36 Sheets US; 36 Sheets British English; 23 Sheets Teacher’s Copy
The sample personal narrative is based on the short animated movie, ‘The Present’. The narrative is written from the viewpoint of the boy in the movie. You may have students watch the movie before or after you begin the lesson to provide context to the story. Link to movie in download.
This writing unit can also be done without having students watch the short animated movie.
With comprehensive activities included in this resource, your students will write tightening tension scenes in a personal or fictional narrative with ease!
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.
There are no reviews yet.