Number Sense Activities Bundle Fun Christmas Math Scoot Cards
Looking for a bundle of Christmas math activities that build number sense? The four number operation packs (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) comprising 128 Christmas-themed Scoot Cards will help you do just that.
Items Included For Each Pack
- 32 Christmas-themed number operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) scoot cards (total 128 cards).
- 2 styles of Recording Sheets to cater for differentiation for each pack
- Answer Key for each pack
- File Folder Covers (2-3 options) for each pack
Number Sense Activities
For each 32 scoot pack, you may break up the activity and have students do cards 1-16 during one session and 17-32 the next. There are 2 recording sheets for this purpose.
I generally have cards 1-16 placed on one section of the classroom walls, and cards 17-32 on the opposite side. Students solve at their own pace. This is to cater to all; students who would perhaps need more time and the early finishers.
There is so much fun and excitement as kids walk around the classroom solving the cards. They seem to be racing to finish them all 🙂
- Stack and perfectly align sheets. Cut along task card borders carefully. Work with 3 sheets at a time for better manipulation.
- Laminate cards for durability. There are four cards on a single sheet.
- Store cards in zip-loc bags (small plastic pouches). Label with the specific number operations skill featured.
- Place cards and copies of Recording Sheets (2 options) in file folder.
- Glue file folder cover (included) on folder.
Skills Targeted – Number Sense Activities
- writing number facts using the four number operations
- using number operations to interpret arrays
- writing the missing addends in number facts.
- identifying mathematical terminology pertaining to number operations
- writing the sum, difference, product and quotient of given numbers
- writing number operation facts for given illustrations
- problem-solving using illustrations
Evidence of Learning
After the entire class has finished solving the scoot cards, you can display the pdf file on the interactive whiteboard and discuss answers. This way students can reflect on their responses while referring to the questions again.
Prior to using these 128 Scoot cards, it would be best to familiarize students with the type of questions as well as the mathematical terminology used.
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
New resources are 50% off – do sign up to get notified 🙂
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.