Mothers Day Poetry Writing Activities Mothers Day Cards
Make Mother’s Day meaningful with this collection of Mother’s Day poetry writing activities, Mother’s Day Cards, Poem Posters, a flipbook, a banner and a PowerPoint Presentation.
Both US and British English spellings featured.
- PowerPoint Presentation (13 slides) informing students of the structural elements of the four poem types: Cinquain, Synonym Diamante, Acrostic, Structured Poem (Love you, Mom/Mum)
- Posters x 7 (color and black and white) of the four poem types for students’ reference
- Flipbook Templates x 5 (black and white) featuring the lined structure of the four poem types. There are 20 cover options
- 17 Cards (black and white – 2 sheets each card) scaffolding the writing of a Cinquain, a Synonym Diamante, and an Acrostic
- 36 bonus cards (single sheet card featuring an image and a saying)
- Mother’s Day Banner x 2 styles (bonus)
Dedication cards to nana, grandmother, granny, gigi, mama, mimi, mom, mum, aunt, mommy, nani, and yaya included to provide an inclusive experience to Mothers Day Poetry Writing.
- Introduce students to the four poem types and written examples with the PowerPoint Presentation.
- Give students the choice of writing out their poems using the flipbook templates or the 17 cards.
- Display the Poem Types Posters in the classroom for reference. The posters feature a written example of each poem type.
- Have students take home their flipbooks or cards to present to their mother or mother figures.
Template 1: Cover
There are 20 flipbook cover options featuring a variety of themed images. Students pick .
Template 2: Cinquain
Template 3: Diamante
Template 4: Acrostic
Template 5: Love You, Mom/Mum
- Print blackline templates. Have students color, then assemble smallest to largest templates or vice versa after all poems are written. Glue/staple at top tab.
- Print templates on colored cardstock. Assemble and staple/glue at top tab.
These Poetry Writing Activities and Mother’s Day Cards will allow children to express their love, gratitude, and appreciation for their mothers or mother figures in a creative and heartfelt way.
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.
Pin It For Later!
Hover on the left to access the Pin Button
There are no reviews yet.