Math Activities Christmas Multiplication Task Cards – included in the Number Sense Bundle
Looking for fun math activities for your students? Review multiplication facts and build number sense with these 32 Christmas-themed multiplication scoot task cards on the 1-12 times tables.
These cards feature colorful illustrations to make abstract content concrete and meaningful.
There are two styles to the Recording Sheets, one scaffolded to elicit the desired response, and the other includes blank answer sections.
The multiplication skills for the 1-12 times tables reinforced in this pack are:
- writing a multiplication fact for an addition number sentence
- writing a multiplication fact for a given array
- writing the missing factor
- writing the product of two given numbers
- writing a multiplication fact for a given illustration (group, collection)
- filling in the blanks with numbers next in sequence
- relating multiplication and addition
- completing the multiplication facts for illustrations
- problem-solving using illustrations
Recording Sheets & Answer Key
There are two sets of Recording Sheets (Numbers 1-16 and 17-32). Students have a choice between the scaffolded (to elicit the desired response) and blank sectioned.
An answer key is provided to have students independently check their answers.
Prior to having students work on the cards, work-out similar sample questions on the board to familiarize students with the question types.
- Small group rotations (cards may be rotated among small groups of students)
- Math Centers
- Early Finishers
- Morning Work
- Warm-up/Tuning in Activity
- Stack and perfectly align sheets. Cut along task card borders carefully. Work with 3 sheets at a time for better manipulation.
- Laminate cards for durability. There are four cards on a single sheet.
- Store cards in zip-loc bags (small plastic pouches). Label with the specific number operations skill featured.
- Place cards and copies of Recording Sheets (2 options) in file folder.
- Glue file folder cover (included) on folder.
Evidence of Learning
After the entire class has finished solving the scoot cards, you can display the pdf file on the interactive whiteboard and discuss answers. This way students can reflect on their responses while referring to the questions again.
Prior to using these Multiplication Scoot cards, it would be best to familiarize students with the type of questions as well as the mathematical terminology used.
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.