Looking to teach your students all about the four kinds of sentences? This comprehensive bundle will help you do just that! You will get access to: a PowerPoint presentation, note-taking (Cornell style) sheets, Interactive Notebook Templates, Print-n-go worksheets, posters and 32 Task Cards.
The four types of sentences in focus are: declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, and imperative.
Both US and British English files included (differences in punctuating sentences, and terminology)
- Cover sheet if compiling all sheets into a booklet
- Definitions with examples
- Identifying with QR answer codes
- Writing the missing punctuation
- Writing sentences
- Writing sentences on visuals
- Changing Interrogative sentences to Imperative sentences
- Changing Declarative sentences to Interrogative sentences
- Sentence Transformations
- Writing a creative paragraph
- Writing a formal persuasive letter
- Writing an eight-line poem
- Writing a narrative short story
- Writing informatively
- Answer Key and sample writing pieces
- (Definitions: cover and response sheet – students write the definitions on the cover sheet and example sentences on the response sheet x 2 options
- (cover and response) – the definitions are given on the cover sheet; students write example sentences on the response sheet x 2 options
- (cover and response sheet) – visuals are given on the cover sheet; students write example sentences on the response sheet
- – (cover and response sheet) – interrogative sentences are given on the cover sheet; students write imperative sentences on the response sheet
- (cover and response sheet) – declarative sentences are given on the cover sheet; students write interrogative sentences on the response sheet
- (cover and response sheet) – the sentence types are given on the cover sheet; students identify each type on the response sheet
- : students write descriptive paragraphs on picture prompts. They color code the sentences.
- Cornell-style Guided Note Templates x 4 sheets and 21-slide PowerPoint Presentation (US and British English spelling & terminology)
- The PowerPoint presentation will equip your students with prior to students working on other reinforcing activities.
- The note-taking sheets require students to fill in the blanks as you present the PowerPoint slides. Content ranges from writing parts of in addition to .
- Definition, Examples, Changing Sentence Type, and Practice Quiz
- Declarative sentence
- Imperative Sentence
- Interrogative Sentence
- Exclamatory Sentence
The task cards offer interactive learning opportunities, allowing students to actively engage with sentence types. The anchor charts and posters provide visual aids that reinforce key concepts, making complex sentence structures easy to grasp.
- 32 Task Cards
- Recording Sheet x 1
- Answer Key
- 8 Posters Style 1 (color and blackline) featuring definitions and examples
- 8 Posters Style 2 (color) featuring definitions and examples
Your students will not only have strong conceptual knowledge in writing but will also be fascinated to learn about the magnificent Nile crocodiles, the subject in focus.
Thank you for visiting Teach2Tell.
New resources are 50% off – do sign up to get notified 🙂
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.